Visual Interaction Designer
More Gold Tech is looking for a Visual Interaction Designer who is as passionate about translating user experience needs and business goals into beautiful visual interfaces.
You have a passion for visual design. You can immediately spot the difference between ‘good’ and ‘great’ and are able to convince others (especially non-designers) why the latter is more effective.
You will work directly with team members, including project, product and development specialists, to create impactful, compelling work. Our work spans a variety of platforms including web applications, native mobile apps, marketing websites and the occasional brand identity.
Our ideal candidate is highly motivated, experienced and interested in an opportunity to be part of something that is rapidly growing. This role reports to the VP of Product and Experience, is a permanent full-time role and will be on-site in our Chicago office.
About More Gold Technology
More Gold Technology is a rapidly growing technology services agency. We help businesses bridge the gap between strategy and technology. Our solutions are built on multiple digital platforms and can include native mobile apps, database-powered web apps and integrated data systems. We have a positive attitude and a culture that stresses taking ownership over waiting for responsibility, and we each put a focus on how we can help the company, our co-workers, and our clients achieve their dreams.
- You will work with the VP of Experience to ideate and conceptualize interactive experiences based on business strategies and user needs
- You’ll understand content strategies and information hierarchies and design intuitive navigation systems to accommodate them
- You’ll be responsible for translating brand personality and communication objectives into visual design concepts for interfaces and, occasionally, identity collateral.
- You’ll communicate your ideas to the team through concept presentations and other forms of collaboration, all the while being an advocate for exceptional design
- You’ll participate in testing, development and QA processes.
- You’ll work in a broad range of business verticals on projects of different scales
- Visual interaction / graphic design experience; 3 years minimum across a variety of digital media, preferably in an agency setting
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, interaction design, or equivalent experience
- Extensive experience using designing and prototyping tools to communicate concepts and ideas. Preferably, Sketch is your go to tool, but you should be familiar with Photoshop and Illustrator as well. Experience with prototyping and motion tools such as Invision, Principle, Premiere/AE or others would be great.
- Strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills. You can communicate the value of design and brand within a design and business context.
- Strong teamwork skills. You can work together with strategists, designers and developers to make the best possible product.
- An understanding of the analysis and requirements processes and how product strategies are developed
- Some familiarity with product management processes, especially agile development and scrum methodologies
Please submit your resume or CV and your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.